Making our own FAMILY OF FRIENDS; come join us!

Welcome! Join us so you can activly post instead of read-only by registering username & password. Then fill out your profile page w/state & year born at least, so we can know each other, as friends & family...WE LOOK FORWARD TO KNOWING YOU !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome! Join us so you can activly post instead of read-only by registering username & password. Then fill out your profile page w/state & year born at least, so we can know each other, as friends & family...WE LOOK FORWARD TO KNOWING YOU !

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendship forum; for survivors of any victimization; in need of casual yet trusted friendship. Everyone's investing precious time & energy in each other, reaching out our hand, out of sincerity & innocent love to everyone.

Keywords

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 506 messages in 451 subjects

We have 35 registered users

The newest registered user is amedicalstudent

Latest topics

» Country Instrumental Music Playlists
years of sayings Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2011, 10:16 pm by mello-dee-ann

» Banjo Music --Blue Grass
years of sayings Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2011, 10:13 pm by mello-dee-ann

» Banjo Music --Blue Grass
years of sayings Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2011, 10:13 pm by mello-dee-ann

» Irish Music
years of sayings Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 2:32 am by mello-dee-ann

» Celtic Music & Song
years of sayings Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 2:28 am by mello-dee-ann

» BagPipes
years of sayings Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 2:18 am by mello-dee-ann

» Accordian Music
years of sayings Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 2:16 am by mello-dee-ann

» Learn Harmonica
years of sayings Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 2:05 am by mello-dee-ann

» Tutorial --Play Music on Crystal Goblets
years of sayings Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 2:00 am by mello-dee-ann

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

years of sayings

mello-dee-ann
    mello-dee-ann
    Admin

years of sayings Empty years of sayings

Post by mello-dee-ann

I don't recall where I got this but it has been my mantra for many years.
    "When I tell God how big my storm is, He already knows. So now I just tell the storm how big my God is."

Over the years I wrote some of my favorite quotations in a little book, I found the other day. Would you have inspiring quotations to share with me? Here are some of my collection:

"To know someone here and there with whom one feels reciprocal understanding in spite of the distance or the unexpressed thoughts: That is enough to make a garden of this Earth."
    Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Earth laughs in flowers" R.W. Emerson

"There is a world of difference between giving up and letting go. Giving up implies negative feelings of hopelessness or despair."
    Lama Surya Das

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
    Mother Teresa

I have so much time now, since I am not allowed to do a lot of things. So now I can make my little colored cards with quotations again. One quote per card and I use glue-colors, tiny shells, stones, feathers, seeds, '"jewelry" pieces or whatever I have to make them up. Then I give them to my family and friends.

It is interesting, when I look through my old quote book - I can see what was important to me years ago and how different the spirit is of the newer ones. Some themes though keep a favorite place over time...

You know you are in love when you can't fall asleep becasue reality is finally better than your dreams.
    -Dr. Seuss

Be what you are and say what you feel becasue those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    -Dr. Seuss

Don't you just love Seuss? Such a wise man.
    Patricia, this Dr. Seuss - I never heard of him before I came to the States! Yes, the present is all we have. An ancient wisdom, but so hard for us humans to really live it....

"One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time."
    (Andre Gide)

"Truly, it is in the darkness that one finds the light, so when we are in sorrow, then this light is nearest of all to us."
    (Meister Eckhart)

"Saying NO can be the ultimate self-care"
    (Claudia Black)

What you do for yourself dies with you; what you do for others lives on forever. - Abraham Lincoln

I love the quote about the storm and God very much:
    My husband has a sailboat and when I came here I learned from him to sail. We spend 25 times on the beautiful island of Catalina, always for a week. I got scared by some storms and learned, as long as I keep myself as calm as possible with a prayer, I would not get sick.

"For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power; and of love, and of a sound mind."
    (2 Timothy 1:7)

"IT IS BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET, THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES"

Here are some quotes not only for sailors (and I bet dear bavarianwench, flight assistants have to learn how to keep their calm in storms too, all kind of storms!):

"I am not afraid of storms for I am learning to sail my ship."
    (L. M. Alcott)

"From the right point of view, every storm and every drop in it is a rainbow."
    (Henry D. Thoreau)

"Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm."
    (Publius Syrus)

"In great straits and when hope is small, the boldest counsels are the safest."
    (Livy)

more quotes from "A sailor's guide to Life":

"The only good luck many great men ever had was being born with the ability and determination to overcome bad luck."
    (Ch. Pollock)

"Courage is grace under pressure."
    (E. Hemingway)

"There is nothing the body suffers that the soul may not profit by"
    (George Meredith)

"All these woes shall serve for sweet discourses in our times to come."
    (W. Shakespeare)

"It is impossible for a man to despair who remembers that his Helper is omnipotent."
    (Anonymous)

"Adapt the pace of nature; her secret is patience."
    (R. W. Emerson)

"Teach us O Lord, the discipline of patience, for we find that to wait is often harder than to work."
    (Peter Marshall)
    Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 9:11 pm